Overall, the goal of TRUSTY is to provide adaptation in the level of transparency to enhance the trustworthiness of AI-powered decisions in the context of remote digital towers (RDTs). While in an actual tower, operators have direct visual access to the taxiway and runway monitoring, the RDTs concept only provides such information through video transmission with a warning and the corresponding explanation. To deliver trustworthiness in an AI-powered intelligent system TRUSTY will consider several approaches, and they are listed:
• ‘Self-explainable and Self-learning’ system for critical decision-making
• ‘Transparent ML’ models incorporating interpretability, fairness, and accountability
• ‘Interactive data visualization and multimodal human-machine interface/interactions (HMI), i.e., Graphical User Interface (GUI)’ for smart and efficient decision support
• ‘Adaptive level of explanation’ regarding the user's cognitive state.
• “HCAI” to enhance the trustworthiness of AI-powered systems.
• “Human-machine collaboration (HMC) or Human-AI teaming (HAIT)” to consider user feedback to insure some computation flexibility and the users’ acceptability.