Fereidoun Moradi joined Cyber-Physical Systems Analysis group at Mälardalen University in 2019 as a Ph.D. student. He received his M.Sc. degree in Information Security from University of Isfahan in 2015 specializing in RFID authentication protocols security analysis. Before starting his Ph.D. studies Fereidoun has worked at Chavoosh co. (R&D) for close to 5 years.
- February 08-09, 2023 - Steering Committee and Advisory Board Meeting KKS Synergy Project (SACSys) at MDU in Västerås, Sweden.
- September 17-30, 2022 - I visited and had presentation of "Smart Room" at the University of Antioquia (UdeA) in Colombia, and the Technological University of Panama (UTP) in Panama supported by STINT International Project.
- September 12-13, 2022 - I had a persentation on "Towards Cyber Resilience of Cyber-Physical Systems using Tiny Twins" in DPAC summit 2022 at Haga Castle in Enköping, Sweden.
- September 7, 2022 - I have participated in cybersecurity workshop (Software Center) at MDU in Västerås, Sweden.
- July 17th, 2022 - "Serendipity improves protection against cyber attacks" published at framtidensforskning magazine.
- April 21, 2022 - I had a talk in Software Center workshop at MDU in Västerås, Sweden (YouTube link).
- April 4-5, 2022 - I had a persentation on "System Monitoring and Attack Detection" in DPAC summit 2022 at Krusenberg Herrgård in Uppsala, Sweden.
- February 19, 2022 - I had a talk on "Detecting Cyber-Attacks on CPSs using Timed Rebeca" for academic staffs at UI (Online).
- December 9, 2021 - I had a poster presentation in Software Center workshop at CEVT headquarters in Göteborg, Sweden.
- January 22, 2021 - I had a presentation in SACSys Steering meeting on Cyber-Physical System Security.
- December 11, 2020 - I have presented a licentiate proposal on Building Attack Models for Security Analysis of CPS.
- November 27- December 6, 2019 - I have participated in the course entitled: From Timed Automata to Stochastic Hybrid Games at AAU in Aalborg, Denmark.
- November 4-5, 2019 - I have participated in DPAC summit 2020 at Krusenberg Herrgård in Uppsala, Sweden.
- September 10-14, 2019 - I have given our paper presentation about On-Off Attack on a Blockchain-based IoT System at the First Workshop on Secure and Trustable Wirelessly Connected Industrial IoT (ETFA - WS01) in Zaragoza, Spain.
- June 8-12, 2019 - I have attended Cybersecurity and Privacy (CySeP) Summer School at KTH in Stockholm, Sweden.
Community services as a reviewer:
- The 18th and 19th ACM-IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for System Design (MEMOCODE 2021, 2022)
- The 9th International Conference on Formal Methods in Software Engineering (FormaliSE 2021)
- The17th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC 2020)
- The18th and 19th International Conference on Software Engineering and Formal Methods (SEFM 2020, 2022)
- The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2020)
- International Conference on integrated Formal Methods (iFM 2019)
- Eighth International Conference on Fundamentals of Software Engineering (FSEN 2019, 2020, 2021)
- International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2019)
- The 34th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2019, 2021)
- The 25th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM 2023)
My main research interests include Cryptanalysis, IoT/CPS Security, and Formal Methods. Currently, I am working on modeling and security analysis of cyber-physical systems (named CRYSTAL).
[Show all publications] Latest publications:
POSTER: Towards Cyber Resilience of Cyber-Physical Systems using Tiny Twins
(Aug 2022) Fereidoun Moradi, Sara Abbaspour, Marjan Sirjani 7th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2022)
Monitoring Cyber-Physical Systems Using a Tiny Twin to Prevent Cyber-Attacks
(Aug 2022) Fereidoun Moradi, Maryam Bagheri
, Hanieh Rahmati
, Hamed Yazdi
, Sara Abbaspour, Marjan Sirjani 25TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FORMAL METHODS FOR INDUSTRIAL CRITICAL SYSTEMS (FMICS)
DPAC Newsletter Spring 2021
(Jun 2021) Kristina Lundqvist, Mikael Sjödin, Nandinbaatar Tsog, Saad Mubeen, Fredrik Bruhn, Jakob Danielsson, Marcus Jägemar, Tiberiu Seceleanu, Moris Behnam, Afshin Ameri E., Baran Çürüklü, Branko Miloradovic, Mikael Ekström, LanAnh Trinh, Rong Gu, Eduard Paul Enoiu, Cristina Seceleanu, Fereidoun Moradi, Sara Abbaspour, Ali Sedaghatbaf, Aida Causevic, Marjan Sirjani, Carolyn Talcott
An Actor-based Approach for Security Analysis of Cyber-Physical Systems
(Sep 2020) Fereidoun Moradi, Sara Abbaspour, Ali Sedaghatbaf, Aida Causevic, Marjan Sirjani, Carolyn Talcott 25th International Conference on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems (FMICS20)
On-Off Attack on a Blockchain-based IoT System
(Sep 2019) Fereidoun Moradi, Ali Sedaghatbaf, Sara Abbaspour, Aida Causevic, Marjan Sirjani First Workshop on Secure and Trustable Wirelessly Connected Industrial IoT (ETFA - WS01)
Security Analysis of an EPC Class-1 Generation-2 Compliant RFID Authentication Protocol
(Feb 2018) Fereidoun Moradi, Hamid Mala
, Behrouz Tork Ladani Journal of Computing and Security (JSC)